Date: 30th January 2018 at 7:21pm
Written by:

The line-ups are in ahead of tonight’s Premier League fixture with Huddersfield Town at the Kirklees Stadium…

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp has made six changes to the side that lost to West Bromwich Albion in the FA Cup last time out.

The returns of Loris Karius, Joe Gomez and Andrew Robertson were always expected, but there are also starts handed to Dejan Lovren, James Milner and captain Jordan Henderson

Amongst those making way are record signing Virgil van Dijk and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, as Klopp names a more combative-looking midfield.

The hosts’ starting X1 contains on-loan defender Terence Kongolo, who makes his first Premier League start.

Elsewhere, joint top scorers Laurent Depoitre and Steve Mounié both start, but former Reds winger Tom Ince is only on the bench.

At the time of writing, 60% of Vital Liverpool users who’ve voted in our online poll predict victory for Klopp’s men. The remaining 40% are evenly split between a draw and a third consecutive defeat for the Merseysiders.

The game is scheduled for a 8.00pm GMT kick-off and will be broadcast live in the UK on BT Sport 1.



Huddersfield Town: Lossl, Kongolo, Hogg (c), Biling, Mooy, Lowe, Depoitre, Mounie, Zanka, Schindler, Hadergjonaj.

Subs: Coleman, Smith, Van la Parra, Pritchard, Ince, Quaner, Hefele.



Liverpool: Karius, Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Robertson, Henderson (c), Can, Milner, Mané, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ings, Solanke.


Click here to see a stats and facts preview

Click here to check out the early team news

Click here to find out who will be officiating

Follow me on Twitter @superbag

At Vital Liverpool we’re always looking for contributors so if you’re an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to liverpool@vitalfootball.co.uk