Date: 19th August 2017 at 2:32pm
Written by:

The line-ups are in ahead of today’s Premier League fixture with Crystal Palace at Anfield…

Presumably with one eye on the midweek Champions League play-off second leg, Kop boss Jürgen Klopp makes five changes to the team that had started both of the two competitive games played so far this season.

Three of the changes are in defence where Joe Gomez, Ragnar Klavan and debutant Andrew Robertson are all handed starts. James Milner and Daniel Sturridge are the other two players to come into the line-up.

Philippe Coutinho, Adam Lallana and Nathaniel Clyne remain sidelined.

In the absence of Wilfried Zaha, new Palace boss Frank de Boer hands a start to Andros Townsend, while his other change sees James Tomkins replace summer signing Jaïro Riedewald.

Former Liverpool striker Christian Benteke, who has scored five goals at Anfield as a visiting playing, is up front but another one-time Red, Martin Kelly, is confined to a watching brief from the bench.

At the time of writing, 56% of the Vital Liverpool users who’ve voted in our online poll predict the Reds will secure the three points. Of the remaining 44%, 33% foresee the visitors winning at Anfield for a fourth season in succession and 12% a draw.

The game is scheduled for a 3.00pm GMT kick-off.



Liverpool: Mignolet, Gomez, Matip, Klavan, Robertson, Henderson (c), Milner, Wijnaldum, Mané, Firmino, Sturridge.

Subs: Karius, Lovren, Flanagan, Can, Salah, Solanke, Origi.



Crystal Palace: Hennessey, Tomkins, Dann, Fosu-Mensah, Ward, Van Aanholt, Milivojevic, Puncheon (c), Loftus-Cheek, Townsend, Benteke.

Subs: Speroni, Schlupp, Kelly, Cabaye, McArthur, Kaikai, Lokilo.


Click here to see a stats and facts preview

Click here to check out the team news

Click here to find out who will be officiating

Follow me on Twitter @superbag

At Vital Liverpool we’re always looking for contributors so if you’re an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to liverpool@vitalfootball.co.uk