Date: 12th August 2017 at 11:42am
Written by:

The line-ups are in ahead of our lunchtime Premier League fixture with Watford at Vicarage Road…

Kop boss Jürgen Klopp hands an instant debut to record signing Mohamed Salah.

Of the club’s other two new arrivals, Dominic Solanke is amongst the substitutes but Andrew Robertson misses out altogether.

Alberto Moreno starts at left-back after an impressive pre-season with James Milner on the bench and, as expected, Trent Alexander-Arnold gets the nod on the other side of the defence.

As reaffirmed by Klopp at his pre-match press conference on Friday, Philippe Coutinho (back), Daniel Sturridge (groin) and regular right-back Nathaniel Clyne (hamstring) are all missing through injury.

Elsewhere, Simon Mignolet has been confirmed as the club’s first-choice goalie.

In the absence of captain Troy Deeney, new Watford boss Marco Silva names Stefano Okaka up front.

Attacking reinforcements Andre Gray and Richarlison, who arrived for a combined £30million earlier this week, are both amongst the replacements.

Nathaniel Chalobah starts following his arrival from Chelsea.

At the time of writing, 75% of the Vital Liverpool users who’ve voted in our online poll predict the Reds will return north with three points. Of the remaining 25%, 20% foresee the hosts winning and only 5% a draw.

The game is scheduled for a 12.30pm GMT kick-off and will be broadcast live in the UK on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League.



Liverpool: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Henderson (c), Can, Wijnaldum, Salah, Mané, Firmino.

Subs: Karius, Klavan, Gomez, Milner, Grujic, Solanke, Origi.



Watford: Gomes (c), Janmaat, Kaboul, Britos, Holebas, Chalobah, Doucouré, Amrabat, Cleverley, Pereyra, Okaka.

Subs: Pantilimon, Prödl, Femenía, Watson, Capoue, Richarlison, Gray.


Click here to see a stats and facts preview

Click here to check out the team news

Click here to find out who will be officiating

Follow me on Twitter @superbag

At Vital Liverpool we’re always looking for contributors so if you’re an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to liverpool@vitalfootball.co.uk