A selection of the key facts, figures and statistics ahead of the league fixture with AFC Bournemouth…
Another Premier League outing for Liverpool FC is fast approaching and, as per usual, we’ve been trawling the record books to bring you all the facts, figures and statistics you need to know.
The Reds return to league action on Saturday evening on a high after confirming their place in the Champions League semi-finals with a 2-1 win at Manchester City on Tuesday night.
Here’s what caught our eye:
- Liverpool and AFC Bournemouth have contested just 12 competitive matches during their respective histories with Liverpool leading overall courtesy of 8 wins to 1 defeat and 3 draws (source: 11v11.com).
- The Reds are on for their second league double in three years over Bournemouth after comfortably defeating them 4-0 away in December.
- The Cherries earned a point from this fixture last season (2-2), making it four points from a possible six against Liverpool during 2016/17 with their meeting at the Vitality Stadium in December 2016 ending 4-3 to the hosts.
- That victory is the only one Bournemouth have ever managed against the Merseysiders, meaning they still await a first win at Anfield.
- Of the five league and cup meetings staged in L4, Liverpool have won four and drawn one, scoring 12 goals and conceding just four.
- There have been 19 goals scored in the five previous Premier League meetings between these sides, at an average of 3.8 per game.
- Jürgen Klopp’s outfit are the only top-flight team still unbeaten at home this season (P16: W10, D6).
- Liverpool’s 75 league goals this term have been evenly spread with 38 coming at home and 37 away. By contrast, only 16 of Bournemouth’s 41 strikes have come on the road.
- The Reds have scored at least two goals in their last seven home matches and have been winning at both half time and full time in the last three.
- Bournemouth have drawn four of their last six Premier League fixtures, including the most recent two.
- Eddie Howe’s side have won only one away game in 2018, albeit an impressive 3-0 defeat of Chelsea at the end of January.
- That victory was one of only two (the other also coming against Chelsea in December 2015) enjoyed by the Cherries in their 17 away games against ‘big six’ opponents during their time in the Premier League (D2, L13).
- The pressure is off Bournemouth somewhat this term after a run of just three defeats in their last 16 matches moved the South Coast side into mid-table where they have a 10-point buffer to the relegation zone.
- Mohamed Salah has scored 29 Premier League goals so far this season (39 in all competitions) – one more will see him become the first African player to hit 30 in a single campaign in the competition’s history.
- Roberto Firmino has had a hand in four goals in his last four Premier League appearances against Bournemouth (2 goals, 2 assists), including a goal and an assist in the reverse fixture.
- Josh King has scored in his last two Premier League outings. He last netted in three in a row in March 2017.
17/18 Premier League Form
last six matches
Liverpool (3rd): WWLWWD
AFC Bournemouth (11th): DDLWDD
Vital Liverpool predicts a 4-1 LFC win
What do you think about this article? Let us know your thoughts and opinions below or via social media…
Follow me on Twitter @superbag
|At Vital Liverpool we’re always looking for contributors so if you’re an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org|