Date: 17th October 2016 at 7:07pm
Written by:

The line-ups are in ahead of tonight’s Premier League contest between Liverpool and Manchester United at Anfield…

Kop boss Jürgen Klopp makes two changes to the starting X1 that defeated Swansea City prior to the international break.

Both changes are enforced and come in midfield where Adam Lallana (groin) and Georginio Wijnaldum (hamstring) are replaced by Emre Can and Daniel Sturridge.

Lallana is deemed fit enough for a place amongst the replacements.

The alterations are set to facilitate a deeper role for Philippe Coutinho, who, like Roberto Firmino, starts despite clocking up the air miles whilst representing Brazil last week.

As expected, United manager Jose Mourinho has decided to leave out-of-sorts captain Wayne Rooney on the bench again.

The absence of the experienced England man means teenager Marcus Rashford continues to provide the chief support to Zlatan Ibrahimovic up front.

Elsewhere, Juan Mata is also surprisingly absent from the starting eleven and £27million Armenian signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan has failed a fitness test on a thigh strain.

At the time of writing, a massive 79% of the Vital Liverpool users who’ve voted in our online poll are predicting the Reds will emerge victorious. Of the remaining 21%, 16% foresee an away win and only 5% envisage a draw.

The game is scheduled for a 8.00pm BST kick-off and will be broadcast live in the UK on Sky Sports 1.



Liverpool: Karius, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Henderson (c), Can, Coutinho, Firmino, Mané Sturridge.

Subs: Mignolet, Moreno, Klavan, Lucas, Grujic, Lallana, Origi.



Manchester United: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Smalling (c), Blind, Fellaini, Pogba, Herrera, Young, Rashford, Ibrahimovic.

Subs: Romero, Rojo, Shaw, Carrick, Lingard, Mata, Rooney.


Click here to see a stats and facts preview

Click here to check on both club’s injuries

Click here to find out who will be officiating

Click here to read Mark Lawrenson’s prediction

Follow me on Twitter @superbag

At Vital Liverpool we’re always looking for contributors so if you’re an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to liverpool@vitalfootball.co.uk