Date: 1st October 2016 at 11:38am
Written by:

The line-ups are in ahead of today’s Premier League contest between Swansea City and Liverpool at the Liberty Stadium…

Kop boss Jürgen Klopp makes one change to the starting X1 that defeated Hull City 5-1 last weekend.

The alteration sees defender Dejan Lovren returns after illness at the expense of Ragnar Klavan, which means Daniel Sturridge remains confined to the bench.

Fellow striker Divock Origi is also amongst the replacements despite a minor foot issue.

With experienced Spaniard Fernando Llorente ruled out due to a rib problem, the hosts hand compatriot and record signing Borja Bastón his full league debut.

Federico Fernandez has failed to recover from a groin strain so the rest of the team is unchanged from that which lost to Manchester City last time out.

At the time of writing, a massive 80% of the Vital Liverpool users who’ve voted in our online poll are predicting the Reds to emerge victorious. Of the remaining 20%, 13% foresee a draw and only 7% envisage a home win.

The game is scheduled for a 12.30pm BST kick-off and will be broadcast live in the UK on Sky Sports 2.



Swansea City: Fabianski, Naughton, Amat, v.d. Hoorn, Rangel, Britton (c), Cork, Fer, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Borja.

Subs: Nordfeltd, Mawson, Taylor, Fulton, Ki, Barrow, McBurnie.



Liverpool: Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Matip, Milner, Henderson (c), Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mané, Coutinho, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Sturridge, Klavan, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Origi.


Click here to see a stats and facts preview

Click here to check on both club’s injuries

Click here to find out who will be officiating

Click here to read Mark Lawrenson’s prediction

Follow me on Twitter @superbag

At Vital Liverpool we’re always looking for contributors so if you’re an LFC fan who wants to share his or her opinion with the masses, simply email articles/blogs to liverpool@vitalfootball.co.uk